Anaerobic digestion to benefit industrial companies
Biogaz du Pays de Château Gontier is an anaerobic digestion unit under construction, located in the industrial park of Pays de Château Gontier, in the Mayenne department (53). The project is a genuinely territorial project, involving several public and private stakeholders aware of the environmental and economic benefits inherent in the project.
The unit will be supplied by approximately forty farms, agri-food waste collectors and two local industrial companies: a slaughterhouse and a cheese making farm, who will also reuse the heat produced.
- Treatment capacity: 35,000 metric tons per year
- Biogas recovery: cogeneration, 917 kWel.
- Heat recovery: agri-food production process (cheese making farm)
- Production of electricity for the equivalent of 3,200 homes
- Land spreading plan covering 4,500ha, 24 municipalities and 63 farms.
- 4,965 metric tons of CO2 avoided every year
- Project development
- Technical, administrative and financial engineering
- Project funding
- Treatment of local industrial waste
- Reduction in the energy bill of industrial companies thanks to heat recovery
- Production of green energy
- Reduction in the territory's energy dependency
- Creation of local jobs