France's anaerobic digestion Cluster
Evergaz, founding member of Biogaz Vallée®
In 2010, Evergaz, along with the Aube department and the Aube Chamber of Agriculture, initiated the creation of Biogaz Vallée®, the national industrial cluster designed to structure the biogas sector. Lionel Le Maux, Evergaz's co-founding partner, is the president of the association.
Biogaz Vallée® intends to federate, coordinate and support the anaerobic digestion sector to accelerate its construction and maximise its potential which is currently under-exploited in France.
Biogaz Vallée® provides biogas stakeholders with operational support in the form of practical actions:
- dissemination and sharing of new expertise and knowledge,
- communication and networking with those involved in the sector,
- organisation of specific training courses (operation, maintenance, etc.),
- launch of new Research & Development projects,
- welcoming and supporting innovative companies in their creation or development phase
- search for funding to assist entrepreneurs and innovative project initiators
Biogaz Vallée® brings together more than 60 prominent members from the public and private sectors, actively involved in anaerobic digestion.
France's first anaerobic digestion demonstrator
One of the cornerstones of Biogaz Vallée® is the ongoing creation of a laboratory and an industrial-size demonstrator, which will drive the establishment of a biogas eco-industry in the Aube department while raising France's profile, no longer as a buyer of foreign solutions and technologies but as an innovation driver in this sector.